- Enthronement of Right Reverend Richard Frith as 105th Bishop of Herefordmore >>
- Magna Carta Anthem arrives in Hereford more >>
- New Bishop named for Diocese of Herefordmore >>
- Cathedral Calling, August 2014more >>
- Hereford Cathedral celebrates WW1 Commemorative Fundingmore >>
- New Life & Learning Programme: July - Dec 2014more >>
Friday 25 July – Friday 29 August
Back by popular demand, Hereford Cathedral’s summer series of Jazz in the Chapter House Garden returns with a swinging programme of Hereford favourites and red hot local talent. The extended programme for 2014 starts on the last Friday in July and is supported by The Friends of Hereford Cathedral.
Admission free is free with a retiring collection and a wide selection of lunchtime refreshments are available from the Cloisters Cafe and Chapter House Garden bar open between 12noon and 2.30pm.
Dave Price Trio
Friday 8 August, 1pm
Pianist Dave Price specialises in the familiar melodies and standards of the Great American Songbook, performing with Erica Lyons (bass) Ben Thomas (trumpet).
Brownfield Byrne Hot Four
Friday 15 August, 1pm
British Jazz 'Rising Star' award winner Jamie plays straight ahead jazz with a fresh and youthful enthusiasm for the 'Blue Note' era hardbop styles, including standards and bebop favourites from the 40's and 50's.
Friday 22 August, 1pm
A special acoustic set of Louisiana-style jazz, blues and bluegrass, featuring fiddle, double bass, vocals, guitar and banjo.
Trevor Davies & Friends
Friday 29 August, 1pm
Local favourite Trevor and friends return to the Chapter House Garden for a special celebration of Latin, jazz and swing.